Sunday, June 20, 2004

Mailu's number in my phone book

Today has been a pensive day. After my late night of fantastic dinner and watching Nigerian movies with a few friends, I couldn't get up early this morning. So I slept in. However, I didn't quite feel myself.

I think it was because I woke up to the sound of a text message alert on my phone. As I randomly sifted through the phone book, I came across Mailu's number.

At that moment, I felt a sharp pain in my chest and a strange dull feeling in my stomach. I can't really explain but it just brought so many memories and thoughts flashing through my mind. A strange wash of feelings just hit me.

And in those few moments, my day was ruined. Its like I fell apart again, only that there were no tears. I feel like my heart is crying such that no tears well in my eyes, but the pain is real.

And its so raw ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home