Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Ways to remember a departed loved one

As part of my grieving period, I have been looking at several ways through which I can keep the memory of my loved ones alive in my heart. I came across the following:

Ways to Remember

From photo collages at a memorial service to planting a tree, there are many ways we can say, "I remember and loved this person." As you consider how you might want to remember a loved one, here are some ideas to start with. Consider:

Lighting a candle in her memory
Creating a memory book of photos of your loved one
Donating a gift of money or time to those less fortunate
Wearing a photo pin of your loved one
Starting a memorial scholarship fund in his name
Writing a poem or story about him
Visiting a place you both liked to visit
Hanging a special ornament on the tree in her memory
Playing her favorite music
Making a quilt from his favorite clothes
Sharing memories of her with friends and family
Providing memorial flowers for her at your church or synagogue
Creating a memory box of items that were special
Honoring his favorite tradition
Creating a new tradition in your memory
Hanging a stocking filled with loving memories of him
Gathering your family and friends together in celebration of him
Reading aloud your favorite story

Some of these are pretty difficult for me as it has been a while since I was last in Kenya for a holiday visit and there are also few tangibles I can collect. However, my memories of the time we had are still alive so it looks like I shall have to hang on to those for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home