Thursday, July 01, 2004

Every woman should have ...

Sometimes it amazes me how my mind wanders. I just find myself thinking of the most random things: from court shoes to panty hose, birthstones to KIA Motors cars. I came to the conclusion that it is because, having just finished my final year undergrad exams, I am now at a turning point in my life: decided the path I shall take into my future.

Anyway, I came across these words in some weekend magazine article and found them somehow linked to the random pitter patter of my mind:

Every woman should have ....

One old love she can imagine going back to . . . and one who reminds her how far she has come;

Enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own . . . even if she never wants to and needs to;

Something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour;

A youth she’s content to leave behind.

A past juicy enough that she’s looking forward to re-telling it in her old age;

The realisation that she is actually going to have an old age and some money set aside to fund it;

A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra;

One friend who always makes her laugh . . . and one who lets her cry;

A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family;

Eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honoured.

A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded;

A feeling of control over her destiny;

A skin care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few facets of life that don’t get better after 30;

A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better after 30;


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home